We are hiring an experienced Operations Manager
Team Enerpro is growing! We are currently recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager to join our dynamic team on a full-time basis reporting directly to the Managing Director of the company. The primary purpose of this role is to oversee day-to-day operations ensuring all aspects of business activity are conducted in a timely and efficient manner. Your skills and expertise will be applied across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
Experience and knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry is essential to the role.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for the role, as are an assertive, organised, and flexible attitude with a strong commitment to HSE & Quality Assurance delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:• Management and control of tenders and enquiries, as necessary
• Day-to-day management of the company Service Team
• Primary operational point of contact between the customer and the company
• Ensure all organisational processes, policies and goals are completed within the requirements set out, by educating, mentoring, and training the operations team
• Developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports, conducting risk analysis and monitoring the progress of plans against project milestones and budgets
• Develop and own the business plan, and drive sales, bid and tender activity
• Deliver growth in the areas of responsibility through close collaboration with business development
• Expand the company’s business with development programs, proactively identifying new opportunities and support / lead bid and tender activity as appropriate
• Imbed commercial thinking into the operational area ensuring that budgets are achieved, and value delivered
• Collaborate with finance and administration personnel as required for the efficient fiscal operation of projects
• Drive KPI’s and stakeholder relations
• Develop and motivate operational colleagues
• Sourcing contract personnel/teams to execute client projects in the UK and Internationally
• Meet with prospective and existing clients to gain business and build relationships
• Provide regular reports and updates to Managing Director
• Function as point of contact for contract personnel and manage operational issues
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
Essential• 10+ years of experience in the marine / offshore industry
• 8+ years of operations management experience
• Experience and history delivering projects from an initial planning phase through to project close out
• Construction and mechanical engineering background
• Familiarity with certifying authorities - ABS, DNV, Lloyds & BV
• Sufficient experience in Project Engineering
• Proficient IT skills in MS Office, MS Project & CRM systems
• Ability to prioritise workload in line with project demands
• Confident in chairing meetings
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate strong-minded direct reports
• Can demonstrate a history of continuous improvement to drive a department forward
• Experience in implementing and delivering KPIs
• Commercially minded with proven experience in budgetary control and revenue maximisation
• Previous experience in planning and delivering Oil and Gas projects
Preferable• Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
• Knowledge and experience with Special Periodic Survey (SPS) related scopes
• Professional demeanour with appropriate people skills for team interactions
• Effective communication and inter-personal skills
• Diligent and dependable in the consistent application of established processes
• Ability to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
• Good commercial awareness
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
• Office based role in Aberdeenshire however, there may also be requirements to visit and work at other company locations
• Working hours are 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
• Starting timeframe August
• Travel will be required < 25% time
• Evidence of experience likely required throughout the application process
• Salary negotiable
Sound like you? Please email your CV and References to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Manager”.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ENERPRO?
Enerpro is a Scottish owned service company offering a complete range of construction-based support services to a wide range of sectors including Oil & Gas, Marine, Renewable Energy and Nuclear. Our ‘bread and butter’ lies within the Oil & Gas industry, where we specialise in drilling rig upgrades in both Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU) and fixed offshore platforms.
Established in 2015, Enerpro is headquartered in Thurso and regional offices in Aberdeen and Laurencekirk as well an extensive rig repair quayside facility throughout the UK and in strategic locations worldwide.